Friday, July 20, 2007

Why am I here?

This is it: my first blog. Well, not my first; I've blogged before. But I always posted on Web sites of my own creation. I love to build computer programs because it's a cheap and fun hobby. But it can grow tiring, to the point at which one wonders if a hammer would be better than a rock...
I am here because I'm sick of what's been happening. I'm almost no longer a kid anymore, and it's kind of sad to see how I've wasted my time staring into a 17" world. I always wanted to do something great, but somehow, all my careful plans just never materialized. So, I'm all burned out, wondering what I could've been doing instead. Yes, I could write a blogging site on my own, with MySQL, PHP, etc., but I'm here because I don't really want history to repeat itself again.
I respect Google for its incredible online offerings, including a very useful search engine, clean-cut quick-loading interfaces, and unobtrusive text ads. So, I chose Blogger for this blog. It seems so convenient; I feel no obligation to search for an HTML editor, etc. And, just maybe, I'll actually establish an online presence, as Google's search engine will probably "see" this site. I know this site won't turn out exactly as I want it, but it'll definitely be close enough!
Since I enjoy creative writing, you'll probably find lots of my "creative" work here. However, realize that this site may only be temporary; my capricious mind could make me build a totally custom Web site for my work. I hope to focus on content rather than presentation at Blogger.com, since much of my burnout was caused by programming complex themes, etc. Maybe then I'll find the will to move on.

No comments: